Committees in the WSA
An important part of being a member of the WSA is helping with the various committees that support the activities of the WSA, Inc. Committees are essential to the functioning of the group and provide a wonderful way to get to know other members.
Programs and Demos:
- Organize and arrange 2-4 programs/artist demonstrations per year.
- In coordination with Needham Art Association plan joint artist demonstration. WSA is responsible on a biennial basis for selecting and organizing the joint demonstration.
- Responsible for collecting Exhibiting Member show registrations.
- Making labels for show.
- Hanging show.
- Contact person for prospective buyers from WSA shows.
- Contacts WSA artists with buyers contact information.
- Organizes refreshments for all programs, asks committee members or WSA members to bring food/beverages for events.
- Sets up refreshments tables and cleans up after programs.
- Manages and updates WSA website and Instagram account.
- Coordinates with appropriate chairpersons information to be updated, newsletters, announcements.
Development and Community Outreach:
- Engages community businesses, organizations and individuals for support through monetary donations or needed gifts in kind.
- Identify community needs and opportunities for WSA to engage in community activities.
New Member Coordinator:
- Serves as the contact person for artists and friends interested in joining WSA, provides membership information.
- Coordinates and collects potential exhibiting members artwork who send 3-5 images and an artist statement.
- Chooses 3 other WSA members to jury artwork (online).
- Once an artist has been accepted, sends an email of congratulations, engages new member to help and assign to a committee, and asks for material for website. If a potential member is denied membership, a brief explanation and constructive comments from jury should be provided.
- Contacts social media chairperson to add new member information and images for website.
- Maintains and updates member directory on Excel.
- Coordinates member renewals in September.
- Communicates member status changes to Social Media and other committee chairs.
- Collects member names for various committees and communicates those to chairpersons.